Complications And Treatment
A condition which is characterized by a lack of sufficient soluble water vitamins known as B12. Deficiency of vitamin B12 is very dangerous for Physical health, heart attack risk increases and nerve cell damages also occur it gives rise too many other problems so this disorder is also called hypocobalaminemia.
What Is Vitamin B12
This Vitamin B12 also called as cobalamin it is very much important vitamin that it contains necessary numbers of vital functions in the body. Vitamin B12 helps to create the genetic material of any human body. It also helps in the maintenance of all levels of amino acids. Which is also helpful to reduce the heart attack risk, it also important for the manufacturing of red blood cells in the body which is very important for the transporting oxygen to various tissues of the body by flowing in the blood.
Common health causes of vitamin B12 deficiency
- Pernicious Anemia
- Gastrectomy-Partial And Total
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Impaired Intestinal Absorption
B12 deficiency cause blind loop syndrome and also cause chronic pancreatic diseases and gastrinoma. Also, stimulate the production of parasites like bacterial overgrowth and fish tapeworm also including giardiasis.
- Decreased intake
- Malnutrition, strict vegan diet
that also cause reduced intake of animal products.
Inherited Or Congenital
- Intrinsic factor receptor deficiency all defect also called imerslund Grasback syndrome.
- Congenital deficiency of intrinsic factor also called Juvenile anemia mutation.
- Transcobalamin deficiency
Vitamin B12 deficiency also caused
- Haemolysis and HIV
- Drugs used in B12 deficiency
including nitrous oxide, alcohol, Metformin, Proton pump inhibitors, H2 receptor antagonists, Cholestyramine, slow Potassium Chloride preparation.
Risk Factors Due To Deficiency Of B12
In a human body, too many factors can affect your body vitamin stores, in general, the risk of Vitamin deficiency in increased.
If your diet contains no natural vitamin food sources like fruits and vegetables. Vegetarians who don’t eat dairy products also cause this deficiency.
If you are pregnant then you are taking too many multivitamins like Folic acid supplements and especially which are especially more important in your pregnancy.
If you are facing intestinal problems or any other medical conditions which interfere your absorption of Vitamins then abnormal bacterial growth in your parts of the body like in stomach and the parts for your surgery cuts. Which interferes with absorption of vitamin B12.
Alcohol also interferes with absorption of folate and other vitamins, like Vitamin C. As well as vitamin B, if you take some medications in which block of absorption of Vitamins occurs like anti-seizure drugs also block the absorption of dilating. Some Other Drugs like antacids also used to treat type 2 diabetes which interferes the absorption of B12 vitamin.
In Anemia Risk Factors For Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- It is a family history disease.
- All part of stomach removed
- Vegetarian diets (strictes)
- Crohn’s disease
Signs And Symptoms
The deficiency of Vitamin B12 is suspected for the following reasons
- prolonged use of certain medicines.
- gastrointestinal problems such as tongue problems and diarrhea also including anorexia.
- The consequences are very important in the decrease of vitamin B12 such is macrocytic anemia and mental changes.
Some specific symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency include:
- Difficulty in walking or soft touch and loss of vibratory sense called neurologically.
- Psychiatric problems like personality change emotions problems depression and memory loss.
- Cardiovascular problems such as possible increased risk of myocardial infarction palpitations and stroke.
- Anorexia includes weight loss diarrhea urologic caused by deficiency in urination and tinnitus.
Vitamin B12 Deficiency Also Caused
Such complications like a long time suffer from these conditions develop suffers higher risk of developing stomach cancer. If the complications left without treatment, disorders caused by B12 deficiency convert in acute neuropathies including:
- Optic neuropathy
Long-term vitamin B12 deficiency also caused confusion, depressions loss of balance and dementia.
How To Diagnose Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Doctors diagnosis of the syndrome by asking some medical examinations like changes in the eyes, enlarged spleen painless and yellowness of skin. Tachycardia or abnormally fast heart rate, patients which are exhibit like this symptoms also faced loss of temperature sensations and number of tests including
- Blood test
By testing blood we find deficiency of B12 vitamin. Because lack of this component is confirmed by this diagnosis complete blood count also indicate the presence of anemia.
- Bone marrow test in some physical cases examination of carried to find out the condition by microscopic examination of cells.
- Metabolite assessment if the levels of B12 vitamin in blood test it then methylmalonic acid help to rule out the darkness diagnosis of B 12 deficiency.
Treatment Of Vitamin B12 Deficiency:
- Treatment of B12 deficiency based on the level of vitamin B12. Doctor often prescribed the supplements of B12 in the form of pills. Doctor also change your dietary conditions and replacing the missing vitamin.
- People who cannot absorb B12 vitamin in their regular need the injections inject for the absorption of B12 vitamin. People who cannot absorb vitamin B12 recommended being well-balanced diets. Like Folic acid-containing iron and Vitamin C and other necessary healthy blood cells.
- Sometimes many peoples take the higher dose of B12 provides the replacement but it is dangerous in specifical conditions. If you use the higher quantities of milk at seafood cheese poultry meat then there is no deficiency problems of vitamin B12.
Read Our More Detailed Articles About The Related Topic
Please leave a reply in the comment box for more improvement. Welcome to your suggestions.