What Is Anorexia Nervosa
Anorexia nervosa is commonly known as Anorexia. This is a psychological eating disorder. People suffering from Anorexia nervosa have fear of getting thinner, in fact, they are underweight.
Types Of Anorexia
The two common types of anorexia are mentioned below :
- Binge Eating/ Purge type
- Restrictive type
Binge Eating / Purge type
People are going through with this type of eating disorder will often purge after eating anything. They have a fear of gaining weight and they live with guilt when they eat something they want to eat. They are highly restricted to food.
Must read our detailed article to the Obesity: Causes And Treatment Of Obesity
People are suffering from this type of eating disorders are highly restricted to their eating self-disciplined. That kind of people are so much conscious about their quality of food. They count calories first before they eat anything. They are weight obsessed.
Anorexia Nervosa Diagnosis
The First step to diagnosis anorexia nervosa is to see a doctor. A doctor will recommend you some test. The first doctor will make sure about this your weight loss is not caused by another reason. If the person diagnosis this disease then the doctor will recommend that people to mental health professionals. People who diagnose this disease, mental health professional advice them to eat healthier in their daily life and the professional will build the positive result of eating carbs and protein they guide them too about their healthy diet plan which will not.
First we have to know that Anorexia Athletica is also recognized by hyper athletica or hypergymnasia. It’s an eating disorder. People are terrified about their physical fitness, but they ignore their diet which makes them physical or mental healthier. They believe in excessive and strenuous workout schedule and if they consume something which is not included in their schedule then they do an extra workout to balance their workout schedule.
Symptoms Of Anorexia
People who are suffering from this disease can be very difficult to disparate between normal eating or eating disorder but this disease suffering people do change their behavior rapidly. They may suffer the following symptoms:
- People who are suffering from this disorder are so conscious about their food.
- They cut all the calories’ food from their diet.
- The people with this disorder count calories before they consume any food.
- They hide their food recipes, their physical exercises from others.
- People with this disease avoid eating in front of others.
- They become anti-social. They don’t want to go to any family events or parties with their friends.
Early Signs Of Anorexia
The earliest signs of anorexia are people suffer from depression just because they feel they are overweight in fact they are underweight. They cut all the carbs meals from their diets and plan for them no carbs diet.
Causes Of Anorexia Nervosa
There is no research yet which have been showing the exact cause of anorexia but mostly runs from family, certain complexity with the siblings, personality traits, social and environmental effects caused the eating disorder anorexia.
- The causes of an eating disorder are mainly picking from social media and televisions.
- The effect of an eating disorder is promoting from the media in the culture
- Looking thinner is trending nowadays.
- Everyone wants to look thinner either they are underweight else healthy.
- Family and childhood the darkest memory is also the biggest cause of this disorder.
- Hormonal issues
- Irregular menstrual cycle
Dangers Of Anorexia
Anorexia diagnosed people behavior may appear obsessive or self-centered, changing in mood pattern or diet pattern is noticeable for others and which affect their health, mental health, relationships, and family bonding.
- Loss of weight
- Lesser mass to the requirement
- Weaker bones
- Spinal Cord issues
- Unhealthy muscles
- Elbow, joint, tendon and ligament damages
- Irregular Menstrual cycle
- Unhealthy hair
- Abnormal hair growth on the face
As I explained to you in the entire article that Anorexia is an eating disorder which is come from the environment, personality traits and inheritance. Looking thinner or underweight is not the goal for the body and life. Physical fitness is something which is a basic requirement of a healthy life but cutting all the food which have contained carbs and protein and taking stress for the thinner body may ruin your present or past. Live healthier is feels happy with your clean eating which has all the necessary foods in your diet makes your body and mind perfect and makes you happy.